Access and Customization FAQs
WHERE CAN MY USERS ACCESS TEXQUEST RESOURCES?
When a district signs up to participate in the TexQuest program, the TexQuest Support Center sends all TexQuest Contacts (Primary, Librarian, Curriculum, and Tech Director) links for each TexQuest provider. (The link to Gale is customized for each district, and has the username/location ID embedded in the link). These links should be made available in multiple locations on district and/or campus websites. Direct links and images to specific provider resources are available at TexQuest.net/imagesandlinks. A resources guide with resources listed by suggested content level is available at TexQuest.net/programmaterials.
Gale/Cengage: http://galepages.com/(add 6 digit TEA District Number)
EBSCO eBooks: http://search.ebscohost.com
ProQuest SIRS Discoverer: http://discoverer.sirs.com
WHAT IS MY TEXQUEST USERNAME AND PASSWORD?
Districts are sent a default Username and Password when they begin to participate with TexQuest. This username/password combination will work with all TexQuest resources (the username for Gale is embedded in the link). Districts/campuses should share usernames and passwords for these databases with students, faculty, and students immediate families within the district; however, these usernames and passwords should not be published on websites.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO CUSTOMIZE AND SHOULD MY DISTRICT DO SO?
Districts may customize district access to TexQuest resources by:
- Requesting IP authentication
- Requesting usernames and passwords that are consistent and easy to remember
Complete the TexQuest District Customization Form to request customized usernames and/or passwords or IP authentication for all TexQuest resources. When a district customizes TexQuest access, it will be for all current and any additional resources, unless otherwise noted.
- IP authentication allows users within a specific IP range immediate access to the TexQuest resources without entering a username and password. Check with your district/campus technology professionals to supply your district’s/campus’s external IP gateway address or range. If a district IP authenticate, users will still have to log in with usernames and passwords from home.
HOW DO I CUSTOMIZE LOGINS (USERNAMES AND/OR PASSWORDS) FOR MY DISTRICT?
Go to the TexQuest District Customization Form to change your district username and/or password.
- Usernames and passwords should not be more than 12 characters
- Passwords must be at least 5 characters
- Usernames must be all lowercase
- For EBSCO and ProQuest, usernames must be unique. If the username you request is aready in use, you will be asked by email to supply an alterative. You can also check with EBSCO and ProQuest before requesting a username.
- Two TexQuest participants cannot have the same username and password combination. If the combination you request is already in use by another participant, you will be asked by email to supply an alternative.
- Customized usernames do not apply to Gale resources. Gale provides a custom link for each TexQuest district with the user information embedded in the link.
- Once you have customized, your default username and password will still work for all TexQuest providers EXCEPT Adam Matthew Digital.
CAN I CUSTOMIZE MY DISTRICT ACCESS FOR JUST ONE OF THE TEXQUEST PROVIDERS?
No. When you customize your district username and/or password, they become effective for all TexQuest providers (customization does not apply to the Gale username, which is embedded in your custom link). If you contact a provider directly for district customization, you should be referred to the TexQuest Support Center or the TexQuest District Customization Form.
ONCE I CUSTOMIZE FOR MY DISTRICT, WILL THE DISTRICT DEFAULT USERNAME AND PASSWORD THAT WE WERE ASSIGNED STILL WORK?
District default usernames and passwords will continue to work simultaneously with all current TexQuest providers with the exception of Adam Matthew Digital.
IF NEW TEXQUEST PROVIDERS ARE ADDED, WILL I HAVE TO CUSTOMIZE MY DISTRICT AGAIN?
No. As new providers and resources are added to the TexQuest program, the Support Center will supply these providers with the current district customization information for all active TexQuest participants. If customization is not possible for new resources, this information will be shared via the TexQuest website and TexQuest X-Press, and the district library contact will be e-mailed.
CAN I CUSTOMIZE MY CAMPUS ACCESS?
Yes, you may customize your campus information with any or all of the TexQuest providers. Because campus customization procedures may vary, each provider should be contacted separately through the contact information below. Campus customization requests will not be submitted through the TexQuest Support Center. NOTE: ProQuest and EBSCO require a unique username for each entity. They will not be able to accommodate your district/campus if you request a username that is already being used in their system.
Adam Matthew Digital: email@example.com - Put the subject line “TexQuest Campus Customization.” Provide your district and campus names, and the requested access information. You will receive verification of customization or a request for additional information within 48 hours (Monday to Friday).
Britannica School: Edsupport@eb.com - Provide your campus name, your campus' 9-digit TEA number, and requested username and password.
Gale: firstname.lastname@example.org - Provide your district and campus names, your Default username (Gale calls this your loc ID; it is the letter j + your 6 digit district TEA number) and the requested password. For Gale, you only need to customize your password since your username is embedded in the custom link that they will provide you.
EBSCO: email@example.com or 800-653-2726 x 3614 - Put the subject line "TexQuest Customized Login Request” and provide the ESC number, District name, District TEA number, and Campus Name in the body of the message with the requested username and password.
SIRS Discoverer (ProQuest): www.proquest.com/go/supporttexquest - Add TexQuest to the subject line, then the request. Provide the current username or default username and the requested change to that username. For districts with multiple campus customization requests, please email a spreadsheet that contains ESC #, District Name, District TEA #, Campus Name, Campus TEA #, Requested Username and Requested Password to firstname.lastname@example.org and put "TexQuest Campus Customization" in the subject line.
TeachingBooks.net: http://teachingbooks.net/CampusCustomization - Complete the form with the requested information. For districts with multiple campus customization requests, please email a spreadsheet that contains District Name, District TEA #, Campus Name, Campus TEA #, Requested Username and Requested Password to accounts
SHOULD I CUSTOMIZE MY CAMPUS ACCESS?
Reasons campuses customize:
- To access usage statistics by campus, as well as district. If this is important to your district/campus you may want to customize your campuses username and password.
- Campus usernames and passwords for TexQuest providers (or other providers) have already been established.
- Campus purchased additional resources from a TexQuest provider and must customize campus access with that provider so users can see all resources.
DOES TEXQUEST HAVE A MOBILE APP?
All TexQuest resources can be accessed online using any device. While TexQuest does not have an app, some providers have mobile and/or sharing apps.
- Britannica School and E-Stax have sharing apps for iOS and Chrome. (Instructions for Download) (E-Stax Reading Options)
- Gale's AccessMyLibrary is available in iOS (App Store), Android (Google Play), and as a Chrome app. (Instructions for Download)
- EBSCO's eBooks app is availabe in iOS, Android and other devices
HOW DO I OBTAIN WIDGETS, ICON IMAGES, AND DIRECT LINKS TO PLACE ON MY SCHOOL/DISTRICT WEB PAGES?
Go to Provider Support to access the provider support pages or TexQuest Resources Images and Links under the Connect tab on TexQuest.net.
IS THERE A GUIDE THAT INDICATES WHICH TEXQUEST RESOURCES ARE MOST USEFUL FOR EACH GRADE LEVEL?
Yes. The TexQuest Resource Guide categorizes the TexQuest resources by grade level and includes the features and content available in each resource. The guide may be downloaded, saved to your computer, modified to fit your grade level needs, printed, and distributed to teachers. This is an excellent way to promote the TexQuest resources!
HOW DO I INTEGRATE TEXQUEST PROVIDER INFORMATION INTO OUR DISTRICT'S LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM?