Agenda and Materials
1. Welcome, Introductions and TexQuest Overview
- Discuss: Why might some educators hesitate to use online resources in their classroom?
- View video (from YouTube):
- Discuss: What are some of the reasons that educators should incorporate online resources in their classroom?
2. Why Use TexQuest?
- Watch Blockbuster History Museum video (from YouTube):
- Discuss: What does this video say about how we need to remain relevant with 21st Century learners?
3. Becoming Familiar with the TexQuest Databases
Access TexQuest Resource Guide
- If you have a district login, go to your district access port.
- If you do not have a district login yet, click here to temporarily navigate the Gale databases
- Access the TexQuest Training Guide for Gale Resources
- Adam Matthew Digital
4. Your Turn
- Choose a topic that students or teachers may explore
- Find the following resources in TexQuest
- Two print equivalent resources
- One image
- One video or audio file
- One source to use for differentiation
- One of your choice
- Make an accessible list of these resources using the tool and format of your choice
- Imagine how you might use these in a lesson plan like this (.pdf) ; (in Google Drive)
5. Promoting TexQuest at your Campus/District
- Watch First Follower video (from YouTube):
- Discuss: How can you help start a TexQuest movement?
6. Questions and Reflections
Goals, Objectives and Outcomes
Duration: 3 hours (may be extended to up to 6 hours)
Audience: School Library Media Specialists, Library Administrators, Teachers, Curriculum Directors, Instructional Technology Specialists
Abstract: Learn about the resources available through the TexQuest program and how they can be integrated into the curriculum to meet all students' needs. Find out how to get the most out of these resources to enhance student learning.
Course Objectives: Introduce participants to the resources available through the TexQuest program, explain how these resources can best be used in a variety of grade levels and classes, demonstrate the effective use of these products, and encourage participants to enhance student learning through the use of TexQuest resources in instruction.
Course Goals: Participants will become familiar with the resources available through the TexQuest program, which resources align with which grade levels and subject areas, advanced features available in each resource, and how to integrate the resources into their classes.
Participant Outcomes: Participants will be able to describe the resources available through the TexQuest program. They will be able to describe which resources align with their specific grade levels and subject areas. They will be able to use advanced features available in each resource. They will identify where they will integrate the resources into their classes.
Outcome Indicators: Participants will have a list of which resources align with their specific grade levels and subject areas. They will be able to use advanced features available in each resource. They will have at least one specific place where they will integrate the resources into their classes. Participants’ schools and districts will see an increased use of TexQuest resources.
These training materials were created by Education Service Center, Region 20 in support of TexQuest. Education Service Center, Region 20 serves as the TexQuest Support Center. For more details, visit www.texquest.net.
(210) 370-5786 (local number)