ESC Contact Responsibilities
Welcome to TexQuest! As our ESC partner for the statewide program, you are instrumental in sharing these digital resources with K-12 public and open-enrollment charter schools in your area.
How We Work Together
The TexQuest Support Center at ESC-20 will maintain the program website, provide help desk and technical support, coordinate training efforts, design content for training and outreach, and communicate closely with ESCs. Training options will include face-to-face workshops, webinars, videos, train-the-trainer kits, tutorials, and more. These will be developed in phases.
With the Memorandum of Understanding in place, ESC-20 will provide support for 2 full-day workshops (or two 3-hour workshops per day) per fiscal year for costs of conference rooms, handouts (if needed), equipment, and network services. TexQuest training must be offered at no cost to participants.
How To Schedule TexQuest Training
- At your ESC with outside presenters - ESC contacts fill out the TexQuest Training Request form or contact Ann Vyoral at ESC-20 directly. See box below for details.
- At your ESC with your own presenters - Training materials on Texquest.net may be copied and modified. Contact Ann Vyoral at ESC-20 for additional resources or assistance. Completion of the ESC training announcement will ensure that:
- links to your ESC training will be included on the TexQuest Training Calendar.
- announcements of your training will be sent from the TexQuest Support Center to appropriate contacts of TexQuest participants in your region.
- current usernames and passwords for participating districts in your area will be sent to you prior to the training.
- Live webinar training for districts is available from TexQuest partners and ESC-20 by filling out the TexQuest Training Request.
- DIY training is available 24-7 on the TexQuest website.
How To Generate Awareness in Your Region
- The map on TexQuest.net is the most current resource of participating districts.
- Direct schools who have never signed up to www.texquest.net
- Share information about TexQuest at curriculum meetings, in newsletters and listservs, at schools where ESC services are provided.
- Program materials at TexQuest.net can be copied and modified for sessions
- Contact the TexQuest Support Center for a current list of participating districts in your region, along with their access information.
- Include TexQuest related sessions at conferences at your ESC, and help us maintain the TexQuest Spark Club, educators from local districts who can present at these sessions.
- Encourage TexQuest users to sign up for program updates from TexQuest X-Press.
How ESC Personnel Access TexQuest Resources
ESC Usernames and Passwords
Each ESC has its own easy to remember TexQuest username and password. Please contact TexQuest Support if you don't have this information. ESC usernames and passwords should be shared with ESC personnel only. Consultants should use the usernames/passwords of the districts with whom they are working. Districts should use their district access information, never ESC usernames/passwords.
Links to TexQuest Resources
With the usernames and passwords, access TexQuest Resources from the first page (Search Tab) of the TexQuest Website.
How Districts Access TexQuest Resources
Districts can access TexQuest Resources from TexQuest.net with the district username and password. However, TexQuest resources may be linked from multiple district/school web pages. Each district has a default user name and password which can be customized. Access and customization are addressed in the Access and Customization FAQs. For a list of your region's participating districts and their default and/or customized usernames and passwords, please contact the TexQuest Support Center.
Can we receive support for hosting a training if ESC 20 is not present? Yes, as long as:
- it is open to all schools
- there is no charge for the training
- a full day of training is offered - either an all day session or two 1/2 day sessions
- sign-in sheets and program evaluations are sent to ESC-20 after each session
- coordinatation with TexQuest Support Center takes place ahead of time so training is listed on website calendar (ESC Training Announcement)
If we conduct our own training session, can we put it on the TexQuest calendar? Absolutely. See above. We advertise training on our online calendar if it is available for anyone. If you train at a specific school or district, we would not add that to the calendar.
If we want to have our own training, who should conduct it? Some service centers are using their own staff to conduct the training. Since we are using a "train-the-trainer" model, anyone who has been through the training should be able to conduct training (we certainly hope they are training their school/district staffs!). There are some very talented librarians in your areas who could help out with the permission of their districts.
How many trainings can we schedule each year? Although the MOU provides support for 2 full days of training each fiscal year, you are welcome to provide as much training as you feel your districts need.
How do we determine what training to offer? You may want to check with local librarians, teachers, and administrators to see what training is needed. Every region is different. We can bring in providers for product specific training or ESC personnel can conduct training on integrating multiple resources. With 6 providers now, it's overwhelming to cover all resources in one day. See the training menu on the right for some training menu options, or call us and we will create something specifically for your ESC.
How will we train as TexQuest grows? We have made initial training available online through the DIY Training Links and recorded webinars. We know that there will always be a need for some "basic" training, but we plan to spend more time on collaboration and integrating the TexQuest resources into the curriculum as we go forward.
Can districts get individual TexQuest training? All of our vendors are willing to conduct live webinars for individual districts of up to one hour. If a district would like to request individual training, they should fill out the linked TexQuest Training Request. TexQuest Support at ESC-20 is also available for live district webinars that focus on promoting and integrating all resources.
Does the ESC contact also fill out the training request for ESC training? You are welcome to fill out the training request form, but you can also contact the ESC-20 TexQuest contact (on the ESC contact list) directly to schedule ESC training. If you have questions about who to contact, the TexQuest Support Center is always available by email or at 1-844-719-1501 (toll free).
How do we request flow-through funds? ESC-20 will send instructions to all TexQuest ESC Contacts in early summer. To eliminate confusion, please don't send any requests prior to this.
ESC Hosted Training
ESC Face to Face Training Options:
- One Provider
- ESC - 20 trainer for 1 full or 2 - half day training sessions
- content provider trainer for 2-half day training session
- Two Providers (ESC choice)
- two rooms reserved for full day sessions
- paraprofessional/certified professional
- each trainer conducts two - 3 hour sessions
- Three Providers (ESC choice)
- two or three rooms reserved for full day sessions
- paraprofessional/certified professional
- each trainer conducts two or three - 2 hour sessions
- four - five rooms reserved for full day
- four - five providers conduct concurrent 45 minute "how-to" sessions (multiple levels)
- ESC personnel and local librarians/Spark Club members help coordinate informal round table or EdCamp sessions
Host ESC will:
- provide room/rooms, computer, devices, and/or technical support for participants
- provide presenter system with internet access, speakers, and technical support for trainer
- submit information for Training Calendar at TexQuest.net
- put on local ESC training calendar, advertise and promote sessions to potential participants in ESC area
- ensure that a full day of training is offered (unless otherwise determined)
- attempt to ensure that each trainer sees at least 25 participants during a full day of training
- provide sign in documents and evaluations (if appropriate) to ESC-20
- ensure that all participants access TexQuest resources through their district/school access points (if possible) by asking them to bring that information to their session and/or sharing access information provided by ESC-20.
- once product trainer information is provided by ESC-20, contact trainer directly about number of participants, time changes, etc.
- notify ESC-20 of any major changes/cancellations
- provide TSLAC with feedback through ESC-20 representative or appropriate channels
- provide CEUs, if applicable
TexQuest Support Center at ESC-20 will:
- notify product trainers of requests from ESCs or districts
- coordinate dates and trainer availability with requesting ESC, and provide session descriptions for calendar placement and promotion
- place links on Training Calendar at TexQuest.net
- approximately one month prior to training
- send messages about training to appropriate TexQuest contacts at every participating district in ESC area
- provide host ESC contact with trainer contact information so they can communicate directly
- approximately three days before training
- provide ESC contact with access information for all participating districts in ESC area
- provide ESC contact with modifiable handout to provide participants with their access information
- provide product trainers with TSLAC requested and approved online materials (slides) to align sessions
- maintain online evaluation forms and share results with trainers and ESC's if requested
- maintain aligned training materials on website, and provide space for product trainer presentations/online materials if requested
Product trainer will:
- notify ESC-20 of trainer availability within 2 days of request
- make appropriate travel arrangements for timely arrival and departure
- direct local travel/training questions to ESC contact
- notify ESC-20 of any major changes/cancellations
- provide own laptop for presentation if none is available
- provide appropriate TexQuest-branded training materials for sessions
- use TSLAC requested and aligned online materials (slides) for TexQuest consistency
- encourage participants to use their district TexQuest access whenever possible, but have a backup sign-in procedure so all participants can use resources during training