MUST I CUSTOMIZE MY CAMPUS ACCESS?
You do not have to customize by campus. That is a decision for your campus/district. Reasons campuses customize:
- To access usage statistics by campus, as well as district.
- Campus usernames and passwords for TexQuest providers (or other providers) have already been established.
- Campus purchased additional resources from a TexQuest provider and must customize campus access with that provider so users can see all resources.
HOW CAN I CUSTOMIZE MY CAMPUS ACCESS?
You may customize your campus information with any or all of the TexQuest providers. Because campus customization procedures may vary, each provider should be contacted separately through the contact information below. Campus customization requests will not be submitted through the TexQuest Support Center.
Login customization reminders
- Usernames must be a minimum of 4 characters, be all lowercase, and not contain symbols.
- Passwords must be at least 6 characters and no more than 12 characters
- Usernames and passwords should not contain spaces.
- For EBSCO, Infobase, and ProQuest, usernames must be unique. If the username you request is already in use, you will be asked by email to supply an alternative.
- Customized usernames do not apply to Gale resources. Gale provides a custom link for each TexQuest district with the user information embedded in the link.
- Once you have customized, your default username and password should still work for all TexQuest providers.
ATTN: EBSCO now requires a stronger password which must contain the following:
- A number
- A special character such as (!, @, #)
- Password must be at least 6 characters and cannot include your username
- Password must be changed every 365 days
- Username must be at least 5 characters
Campuses may choose to customize EBSCO eBooks with a different custom username and password,
Campuses can select a password that satisfies the criteria above for ALL TexQuest providers.
(Note: If customizing for ALL providers & , ' # * < > = " and spaces are not allowed in usernames or passwords).
If you do not know your Campus TEA Number, use Campus Lookup. For a list of campuses in your district, use District Lookup (enter district name and check "Include Schools").
Britannica School: firstname.lastname@example.org - Provide your Campus Name, your Campus' 9-digit TEA number, and Requested Username and Password.
EBSCO: email@example.com or 800-653-2726 x 3268 - Put the subject line "TexQuest Customized Login Request” and provide the ESC number, District name, District TEA number, and Campus Name in the body of the message with the requested username and password.
Gale: firstname.lastname@example.org - Provide your District and Campus Names, your Default Username (Gale calls this your loc ID; it is the letter j + your 6 digit district TEA number) and the requested password. For Gale, you only need to customize your password since your username is embedded in the custom link that they will provide you.
Infobase Learn360: email@example.com - Provide your District Name, District TEA #, Campus Name, Campus TEA #, Requested Username, and Requested Password. Visit Learn360 Campus Customization for more information.
ProQuest (SIRS Discoverer): www.proquest.com/go/supporttexquest - Add TexQuest to the subject line, then the request. Provide the current username or default username and the requested change to that username. For districts with multiple campus customization requests, please email a spreadsheet that contains ESC #, District Name, District TEA #, Campus Name, Campus TEA #, Requested Username and Requested Password to firstname.lastname@example.org and put "TexQuest Campus Customization" in the subject line.
TeachingBooks.net: http://teachingbooks.net/CampusCustomization - Complete the form with the requested information. For districts with multiple campus customization requests, please email a spreadsheet that contains District Name, District TEA #, Campus Name, Campus TEA #, Requested Username and Requested Password to email@example.com and put "TexQuest Campus Customization" in the subject line.
For districts with multiple campus customization requests, please email a spreadsheet that contains ESC #, District Name, District TEA #, Campus Name, Campus TEA #, Requested Username and Requested Password, put "TexQuest Campus Customization" in the subject line, and blind copy the applicable provider email addresses above.