Follow these steps to INCREASE AWARENESS, USE, AND INTEGRATION of your TexQuest resources.
1. Learn about TexQuest. You may copy and modify the linked slide show for use at your own school/district.
2. Add links to your TexQuest resources on your district, school, and/or library webpages. Make it easy for your patrons to find the resources by providing multiple access points and direct links to specific databases. Images and Links can help you with icons, widgets, and direct links. See examples of what other campuses/districts have done at TexQuest IPAs.
3. Complete the TexQuest District Customization Request to customize all of our district TexQuest user names and passwords or to IP authenticate so your students don't have to log in when using TexQuest at
school. To customize access by campus, please contact each new provider separately at the addresses on Campus Customization FAQs.
4. Learn about TexQuest resources and their features. The DIY Basic Training on the Training page has been created by the providers with trainers in mind. Each video of less than 30 minutes should provide you with enough "how to" information on each resource to feel comfortable sharing with other teachers. Check out the provider support page for more detailed information to share with your teachers and students.
6. Show your staff how the TexQuest resources can be integrated into their curriculum. Focus on features like Text to Speech, Translations, and TEKS Correlations to get their interest. The TexQuest General Resource Guide can be linked, modified, and/or shared with your faculty as a reference. The slide show 13 Ways TexQuest Helps You Reach Students is aligned to the guide and can also be copied and/or modified.
7. Offer short focused training sessions to individuals or small groups. Start with a department, grade level, or special needs group and show them how to use one resource that aligns to their curriculum or needs. Special education is a good place to start. Check out some of the specialized resources at TexQuest.net/programmaterials.
8. Encourage students to use TexQuest by featuring resources on your website, using social media, or customizing bookmarks and seasonal promotional materials. Customizable seasonal promotions are available at TexQuest.net/programmaterials.
9. Share TexQuest resources with parents at PTA/PTO meetings, open house, or even virtually. The Parent Connection section has resources for parents including a slide show for parents, articles, and an infographic that can be tweeted or used as a presentation. Encourage parents to use TexQuest at home with their students.