Skip to Main Content
TexQuest provides access to authoritative digital resources for educators, students, and students' immediate families in Texas K-12 public schools and open-enrollment charter schools.
Access & Customization FAQs
Where can my users access TexQuest resources?
All TexQuest resources are accessible from https://texquest.net either directly or using the TexQuest Navigator. TexQuest resources should be linked in multiple locations on district and/or campus websites. Direct links, images, and widgets to specific provider resources are available at Images and Links and Provider Support.
What is my TexQuest username and password?
- Districts are sent a default username and password from the TexQuest Support Center. Districts have the option to create a customized username and password. Districts/campuses may share usernames and passwords with students, faculty, and students' immediate families.
Can we post TexQuest usernames and passwords on our campus and district web pages?
- No, TexQuest usernames and passwords cannot be posted on any campus or district web pages that are accessible to the public on open websites. If participants must first login to your system, usernames and passwords can be posted. TexQuest UN/PW Sharing Tips and Best Practices
Why can't I access the Gale resources using my customized username and password?
- If you are not using the TexQuest Navigator or your custom district/campus Gale link, https://galepages.com/GaleLocID, you will need to use the Gale Loc ID as your username.
- Your username cannot be customized in Gale.
- If you do not know your Gale Loc ID, find it at Gale Loc ID
Are TexQuest resources compatible with Chromebooks?
- Yes, TexQuest resources are accessible for all electronic devices.
- Since TexQuest participation is for the entire district, it includes all campuses in the district, including new campuses.
- If you customize by campus, notify Vanessa Ashcraft at TSLAC with: new Campus Name, Campus TEA Number, and Campus Address - this information will be shared with the TexQuest providers.
- If you do not know the new Campus’ TEA Number, use Campus Lookup. For a list of campuses in your district, use District Lookup (type district name and check "Include Schools").
- NOTE: To request customized login credentials for a campus(es), contact the TexQuest providers directly; information can be found at the "How can I customize my campus access?" section of Campus Customization FAQs.
What does it mean to customize?
Districts may customize district access to TexQuest resources by:
- Requesting usernames and passwords that are consistent and easy to remember
- Requesting IP authentication
- IP authentication allows users within a specific IP range immediate access to the TexQuest resources without entering a username and password.
- Check with your district technology professionals to supply your district’s public external IP gateway address or range.
- If a district IP authenticates, users must still log in with usernames and passwords from home.
How do I customize usernames and/or passwords or request IP authentication for my district?
- Submit a TexQuest District Customization Request.
- (If you cannot open the District Customization request link, copy and paste the wording from this document into an email, complete, and send to the TexQuest Support Center).
- Provide your ESC number, District Name, District TEA Number, and Requested District Username and Password). If you do not know your TEA number, lookup District.
- For IP authentication, provide your district's public external IP gateway address or range (check with your IT Department for this information).
- The TexQuest Support Center will send the customized district username and password and IP information to all TexQuest providers. If the username and/or password you request is not available, we will notify you via email to select an alternate.
Login customization reminders
Can I customize my district access for just one of the TexQuest providers?
- No. When you customize your district username and/or password, they become effective for all TexQuest providers.
Once I customize for my district, will the district default username and password still work?
- District default usernames and passwords will continue to work simultaneously with all current TexQuest providers.
Must I customize my campus access?
No. That is a decision for your campus/district. Reasons campuses customize include:
- To access usage statistics by campus, as well as district.
- Campus usernames and passwords have already been established.
- Some additional purchased resources from a TexQuest provider require campus customization
How can I customize my campus access?
- Customize directly with any or all TexQuest providers. Campus customization requests will not be submitted through the TexQuest Support Center.
- Login customization reminders
- If you do not know your Campus TEA Number, use Campus Lookup. For a list of campuses in your district, use District Lookup (enter district name and check "Include Schools").
- Britannica School: email@example.com - Provide your Campus Name, your Campus' 9-digit TEA number, and Requested Username and Password.
- EBSCO LearningExpress: firstname.lastname@example.org - If you wish to request a specific LearningExpress link for an individual campus, provide your District Name, Campus Name, and your Campus' 9-digit TEA number. Otherwise, use your district's direct LearningExpress link.
- Gale: email@example.com - Provide your District and Campus Names, your Default Username (Gale calls this your loc ID; it is the letter j + your 6 digit district TEA number) and the requested password. For Gale, you only need to customize your password since your username is embedded in the custom link that they will provide you.
- Infobase Learn360: firstname.lastname@example.org - Provide your District Name, District TEA #, Campus Name, Campus TEA #, Requested Username, and Requested Password. Visit Learn360 Campus Customization for more information.
- ProQuest (SIRS Discoverer): www.proquest.com/go/supporttexquest - Add TexQuest to the subject line, then the request. Provide the current username or default username and the requested change to that username. For districts with multiple campus customization requests, please email a spreadsheet that contains ESC #, District Name, District TEA #, Campus Name, Campus TEA #, Requested Username and Requested Password to email@example.com and put "TexQuest Campus Customization" in the subject line.
- TeachingBooks: http://teachingbooks.net/CampusCustomization - Complete the form with the requested information. For districts with multiple campus customization requests, please email a spreadsheet that contains District Name, District TEA #, Campus Name, Campus TEA #, Requested Username and Requested Password to firstname.lastname@example.org and put "TexQuest Campus Customization" in the subject line.
- For districts with multiple campus customization requests, email a spreadsheet that contains ESC #, District Name, District TEA #, Campus Name, Campus TEA #, Requested Username and Requested Password. Put "TexQuest Campus Customization" in the subject line, and blind copy the applicable provider email addresses above.
How do I integrate TexQuest provider information into our district's single sign-on (SSO) or Learning Management Systems (LMS)?
- The easiest way to contact all TexQuest providers at one time is to compose an email and blind copy (BC) each of the provider tech support email addresses below.
- Make sure to include your ESC number, District Name, and District TEA Number in the body of the email. If you do not know your TEA number, lookup District.
To authenticate your district's SSO or LMS with Gale resources...
- Login to Gale Admin (For a Gale Admin account, contact email@example.com or call 1-800-877-4253, option 4.
- Click on "View/Edit" link under Summary Page.
- Click on "Location Authentication" on the green navigation menu on the left.
- Select "Third Party" from the list.
- Complete applicable LMS/SSO fields and click the Save button.
- Contact Gale's Customer Success Manager.
ProQuest SIRS Discoverer