Skip to Main Content
TexQuest provides access to authoritative digital resources for educators, students, and students' immediate families in Texas K-12 public schools and open-enrollment charter schools.
What is the TexQuest Program Participation Fee for 2022-2023?
- The Texas State Library & Archives Commission (TSLAC) has set the State Fiscal Year (SFY) 2023 annual program participation fee at 29 cents per student, based on district enrollment.
- The October 2021 enrollment figure will be used to calculate the FY 2023 invoice.
- TEA district enrollment is found on AskTED.
- The State Fiscal Year runs from September 1 – August 31.
What time period is covered in the September payment?
- Payment of the September 2022 invoice (SFY 23) maintains District program participation from September 1, 2022 – August 31, 2023.
When will my district receive a quote for the upcoming fiscal year?
What if a district signs up during the school year?
- If a District that has never participated in TexQuest signs up for TexQuest after March 30, they will gain access to TexQuest resources for the remainder of that Fiscal Year and be invoiced for the next Fiscal Year the following September.
How can I make sure my district has paid the invoice?
- Check with TSLAC if you are unsure of your district’s payment status. Email Accounting.
- NOTE: The TexQuest Support Center at ESC 20 does not handle questions about invoicing or payments.
Can we use TIMA (Technology and Instructional Materials Allotment) funds to pay for TexQuest?
- According to TEA, the TexQuest participation fees are an allowable expense using TIMA (Technology and Instructional Materials Allotment)) funds.
- The district enters TexQuest as an instructional resource and requests a disbursement to cover the TexQuest participation fee.
- Your district can use funds from other sources if it chooses. How your district funds TexQuest is a local decision.
Who do I contact for information on TexQuest invoicing and/or payments?
- The Texas State Library & Archives Commission (TSLAC) administers the TexQuest program and is responsible for all matters pertaining to invoicing and payments.
- Purchase orders
- W-9 forms
- Sole source letters
- Amount due
- Participation Renewal
- Email TSLAC Accounting Department or call 512-463-5512.
- NOTE: The TexQuest Support Center at ESC-20 does not handle questions about invoicing or payments.
What is TSLAC's remittance address for purchase orders and payments?
REMIT TO: Texas State Library and Archives Commission
PO Box 12516
Austin, TX 78711-2516
Federal Employer Identification Number: 74-6000126
How does my district set up TSLAC as a vendor?
- If your District purchasing office requires forms, such as a W-9 or sole source letter, email AR@tsl.texas.gov.
- Many District Purchasing Offices ask for a Disclosure Form:
- The Texas State Library and Archives Commission is a political subdivision of the state of Texas, and therefore not subject to the disclosure requirements of Chapter 176, Texas Local Government Code. Please refer to Texas Local Government Code, Title 5, Subtitle C, Chapter 176, Section 176.002 (b) (1).
When will my district be invoiced?
TSLAC'S State Fiscal Year 2023 invoicing timeline is as follows:
- May 23, 2022 - Spring TexQuest Participation Summary report sent by TSLAC to district Primary, Librarian, and Accounting contacts which includes the SFY 2023 Participation Fee Estimate for the invoice which will be sent in September 2022. For questions about the Participation Summary report contact Vanessa Ashcraft.
- September 19, 2022 – TSLAC SFY 2023 TexQuest Invoices emailed to District Primary, Librarian, and Accounting contacts. Payment is due in 60 days.
Note: To ensure your district receives the invoice, make sure your district's contacts are up-to-date by visiting District Contact Updates and complete the form. If you do not know the contacts on file for your district, email the TexQuest Support Center.
- November 14, 2022 – Payment is due to TSLAC Accounting (TSLAC's remittance address is provided at Invoices and Purchase Orders).
- December 12, 2022 – First payment reminder email sent to Primary, Librarian, and Accounting Contacts for non-payment.
- January 23, 2023 – Second and final payment reminder email sent to Primary, Librarian, and Accounting Contacts for non-payment.
- February 20, 2023 - Districts that have not paid the SFY 2023 invoice will lose access to TexQuest resources. Notice is sent to Primary, Librarian, and Accounting Contacts.
Texas State Library and Archives Invoicing FAQs
What happens if my district does not pay the invoice?
- Districts that do not pay the September 2022 invoice will lose access to TexQuest resources in February 2023. Access will be restored when the invoice is paid. The district contacts on file will be notified of the District’s re-activated status via an email from the TexQuest Support Center.
If my district loses access, do we have to sign up again?
- To re-establish access to TexQuest resources during the current year, pay your district’s invoice. Contact TSLAC Accounting at AR@tsl.texas.gov if you need another copy of your invoice or if you have questions.
- NOTE: If your district has not participated in TexQuest for more than one fiscal year, contact TSLAC Accounting for instructions.
In case my district does not pay, can my campus continue to participate?
- Access to TexQuest is for district-level only.